Thursday, October 14, 2010

Alley Jaunt

My daughter has been calling weather vanes "wind tunnels" for weeks and I keep trying to correct her, but have been unable to call up the proper name. Ah, sleep deprivation. Today (I admit I took not a single photo yesterday) as I was walking down an alley alone and saw this one and the word came to me immediately. I find I have a harder time remembering the names of things if an inaccurate name has been suggested to me. I'd have an easier time if someone said, "What are those things called...?"


078:365: Weather Vane



079:365: Musing*

*Not an oxymoron, but...

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting mental observation. I do the same thing. The minute the wrong name (or phone number) is in my head, I can't recall the right one. There must be a term for this phenomenon. If I had heard it, I doubt I would remember it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete