Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm not a big fan of modified photos, but sometimes I think that I've got to fool around as much as I can with this project, even if it's just a way to keep things interesting. The first photo has not been modified in the slightest (except to crop it to the standard size at which I've been cropping all my photos, which is slightly less on the long axis than the photo the camera takes). The second photo, I have posted both versions. I like the first, but felt like it needed...something...to convey what I was trying to with the photo. Mainly because I could not capture the peeling paint on the wall or the shadow of the music stand. So am I using photoshop tools to make up for what I lack as a photographer? Perhaps. But I'm comfortable with that.


096:365: Excess



097(Unmodified):365


097:365: Music Class

4 comments:

  1. That's a fascinating tweak, and yes, of course, tweaking is valid. Or so say I, the champion tweaker. Love the colour values.
    My pumpkin is still on the porch wearing a snowy tam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're not our pumpkins, Mary. I was just struck by the placement of the pumpkins in a box of yams and put out for disposal and reminded of the fact that they are edible...I hate to be a downer but it just seems like one more way that our society blithely wastes valuable things like food. Not that I'm completely blameless, but it was a good heads up for me, as another consumer-driven festival approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am awash with guilt, because many of my photos are modified--or iPhoto tweaked. Both because tweaking is fun! and because I'm using an iPhone to take all my pictures, so ... yeah.

    I don't think Ansel Adams would approve.

    Oh well.

    I approve of your edits. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkins are edible and we eat at least one a year, but pumpkins that have been jack-o-lanterns with a candle burning in them and blackening them really aren't edible at all. I'm more disillusioned that they're in a box intended for the trash and not on a compost heap.

    BTW, that chair is like the chairs we have all over the library. When it comes to tweaking, I usually only ever crop and then, only on occasion. It's not that I'm a purist; it's just that I find taking the pictures more interesting than learning to use GIMP or whatever other freeware I can get my hands on.

    ReplyDelete