Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Musing

So, Sue asked whether or not we choose the best photos of the day or the photos that best represent our day. Yesterday I definitely opted for the photo that represented our day. I was sitting on the living room floor, watching the endless, jerking dance of my two month-old twins, and musing about the litany of questions our twins inspire. It always starts with, "Oh my god! Are they twins?" The next question is usually about their sexes and whether they are identical or not. It amazes me the number of people who don't realise that boy-girl twins cannot be identical. And then I was struck by their belly-buttons. They were made in exactly the same way, but are totally different. I wanted to capture that moment of realisation for me...

But, I digress. In truth, I barely looked at the other photos of the day because, frankly, it wasn't a day I'm particularly proud of. The best photo of the day is the one below, taken at the mall. Hardly a moment worthy of preservation. Still, I offer it to you today, to keep myself honest...and because I nearly cheated and posted it as today's photo when I saw it today.


Both yesterday and today I took some shots of a morning glory which is part of our little garden on our deck. Yesterday's shot comes first, and today's shot is my photo of the day. What surprised me (I'm not much of a gardener) was how different the flower looked on the different days. I would love to know what determines how the flower closes on any given day.




014:365: Morning Glory's Gone to Bed

1 comment:

  1. And both ways of closing are geometrically perfect. Fascinating.

    BTW, T has lost her two front teeth? Good golly! My is obsessed with the inevitablility but it hasn't happened yet. Oh, I love the mall photo.

    ReplyDelete