Monday, August 23, 2010

Time Away


023:365: Vice or Fare is Foul


024:365: More Than Mints


025:365: The Castle Door

We were away at a wedding for the weekend. One of the best weddings I've ever attended. It was the marriage of a good friend of Joe's, a musician, and his partner, who is a dancer. I love this photo because it captures so much about this couple. The fabulous attire, designed especially for them, her incredibly strong calf muscle and the bandages on her ankles (I'm assuming they are new shoes), his trademark hat. It's blurry, but it is still the best photo of the day.


026:365: WOW*


027:365: Cabin Fever

I have to admit, I cheated. Photos 25 and 26 were taken on the same day. The drive home did not offer many opportunities for photography and after two sleepless nights (despite the apparent serenity of Photo 24, babies do not take well to hotel rooms), I have to admit it wasn't top of my mind.

4 comments:

  1. Those fries! Now I'm hungry. I also love the dancing picture. What a great capture.

    (Really, do we have to admit when we "cheat?" I haven't. Yet. As far as you know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The french fries are too real - like maypole, I am now wishing I had some. The castle door shot is awesome, truly. And I love your wedding shot. I cheat all the time. I take a whole lot of shots when I have a good subject and then dole them out over several days. Probably not the best way to improve technique, but it is what works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wedding shot. It's full of drama. I also want one of those mints on my pillow but only if I can give it back after a cuddle and a head sniff.

    ReplyDelete