Saturday, August 28, 2010

Falling Behind

For my birthday, Joe got me a book on photography. It's a pragmatic book with a guide to the automated settings on most cameras as well as more detailed explanations on how to play with settings and get creative. I've spent the better part of this week trying to figure some of this stuff out. I don't always love the results that I get from the automated settings, but it's certainly interesting reading. I am glad to understand more about what the settings are meant to do and then try to figure how to get the photo exactly as I want it.

I will be going away for the next five days and may not have an opportunity to visit or post, but I hope to do so soon after my return. All the best to all of you!


029:365: Daphne


030:365: The Rails



031:365: Dark Lit


032:365: Hurdles*

*Taken in colour, altered to black & white with Photoshop.

1 comment:

  1. I like them all but the last two particularly. The cornice/tin ceiling shot is tricky. I am impressed.

    Care to share the name of your book? I've got a birthday myself on the horizion.

    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete