Thursday, September 2, 2010

Away

That fine novel by Jane Urquhart was set not far from where we we've been staying the last five days, on a property a little ways from the hustle and bustle of daily urban life. Here are some images from those days. I've been frustrated by the fact that some days I have to choose between two or three shots that I love and then other days absolutely nothing inspiring has passed or been captured by my lens. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also, I hate random shadows (cf. photo 37).


033:365: Done Like...*


034:365: Trapped


035:365: Just Shy (of 3 Months)


036:365: Water Fairy*


037:365: Marlon

* Slight lighting adjustments made in photoshop. Fill flash in the case of photo 33 and darkening in the case of photo 36.

4 comments:

  1. OK, that trapped one is crazy good. They're all good but, really, trapped is wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, btw, Away is such a fine novel. I know where you were b/c of the novel reference. My brother lives in that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Away is wonderful. Jane is cool in general, but Away, yes, that is good stuff. (Oh, and I like the photos a lot too, esp trapped.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As for choosing among shots I like, and then having to use one I don't: yeah, a constant problem. I really didn't like my fringe shot at all, except for the posterity. Not sure that there's much to be done about it from my perspective, and I fear that it may get worse as this term begins to unfold...

    ReplyDelete