Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Fair-y Tale

Today was one of those days where there were a number of photos to choose from. We ended up at the Canadian National Exhibition last night for a few hours, and there were ample opportunities for photos.

First, though, a photo from earlier in the day which echoed the feelings of the fairgrounds:


The cliché photo of the rides at the Midway was taken:


Then the rain hit and we went running for shelter, which provided material for some interesting shots:

And even more, including a ghostly visitor:

But in the end, my photo of the day is for posterity and not necessarily technically the best shot (plus, I was pleased to have discovered the trick to capturing a relatively clear photo of a fast-moving carousel at night):


038:365: Carousel

4 comments:

  1. I like the carousel shot. I've been trying for a few nights running (I take Mystique with me, so I have some reason to be lurking) to get a good shot of a coloured porch light in a neighbourhood a few over from mine. I've pretty much decided that my tripod and remote are going to have to come into play ... but I might have to rehearse some explanation of why I'm not totally weird. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the carousel shots are great. The composition in your pic of the day is either brilliant or fortuitious: look at that rainbow over her head.

    I also really like the way the coloured balconies look like rides/elevators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the second is technically more difficult and I love it, but the carousel in the rain really does something for me. I guess because it is a story pic ... also in awe of the baby shot.
    So, how did you freeze herself on the carousel shot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I caught her moving away from me, rather than as she was going past. I guess the angle of the shot is better because she moves less, relative to me, on that trajectory. I love learning from you, you know! What a great crew we have.

    ReplyDelete