Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Witches' Brew

I decided that one of my goals for this project is to understand my camera and its functions well enough to take a good photo right off. I often rely on Photoshop to fix the light and colour in my photographs, and I'd like to rely on it less. Today's photo of the day was taken on the wrong white balance setting, but I like the way the photo turned out, nonetheless. I'm hoping you'll also feel it fits the prompt for this week: BOLD.


015:365: Witches' Brew

4 comments:

  1. white balance is something I totally don't understand, so please share what you learn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played with white balance either. Much to learn.

    This whole experience for me feels not unlike the science experiment depicted in this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. white balance? huh? see, this is the real reason i decided to use my iphone for this experiment. lowered expectations are harder to disappoint.

    -Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure is! And that's a great colour range too. I do my best to take the photo properly (and often take multiple shots at multiple settings) but I have no problem with 'photoshopping' things to improve them.

    ReplyDelete